Welcome

I love creating things. My craft background is in upholstery and needlework and I was a prolific, but average, artist at one stage. Texture and colour have always fascinated me, so it seems natural that these inspirations and skills all combine into creating collector bears in various tone and cloth variations. Each one takes about two days to make as I do not use a sewing machine and every stitch is done by hand.


Sunday 18 March 2012

Silver Dog Bear! Experimenting again...

I think the 'dog' effect may be because of the ears being sewn forwards like flaps? Also, I've sewn in a little of the material used for his paws and inside of his ears as a nose. When I tried doing the traditional upside-down-T-shape mouth, it looked totally wrong. I almost gave up and remade the head, but decided to try a straight black line instead, which seems to have worked. He's very different to others I've made using the same pattern - it's amazing how a couple of small changes can make it look so canine!

He's up for sale at my Folksy shop. You can see him here.


No comments:

Post a Comment