Welcome

I love creating things. My craft background is in upholstery and needlework and I was a prolific, but average, artist at one stage. Texture and colour have always fascinated me, so it seems natural that these inspirations and skills all combine into creating collector bears in various tone and cloth variations. Each one takes about two days to make as I do not use a sewing machine and every stitch is done by hand.


Sunday 11 March 2012

Lady Crank's Bear

A friend of mine is pregnant and, as I'd offered to make something 'crafty' for her nursery, she was delighted to have a bear made. She chose the fabric and paw colour; but the bear had a few incarnations before I was happy enough to send it off. It was the safety eyes - they've got a hard disk at the back that keeps them secure, but it means that you can't put them too close together. I just felt the eyes were too far apart!
So then I tried to make the face a bit more expressive by reducing the gap between the eyes with some tricky needlework and putting eyelids on! I'm still not sure it works, but they do match the claws.

1 comment:

  1. I was absolutely delighted with the bear. It is for our first child, due in May 2012.

    The fur is so soft, the bear looks friendly and the attention to detail is great.

    I can't wait to get our nursery finished in the next couple of weeks so that the bear can have pride of place on the shelf until my baby is old enough to play with and appreciate such a lovely unique bear :)

    ReplyDelete