Welcome

I love creating things. My craft background is in upholstery and needlework and I was a prolific, but average, artist at one stage. Texture and colour have always fascinated me, so it seems natural that these inspirations and skills all combine into creating collector bears in various tone and cloth variations. Each one takes about two days to make as I do not use a sewing machine and every stitch is done by hand.


Tuesday 27 March 2012

Bear Making Demo at Melton Country Fair!

I've just being asked if I would be happy to demonstrate bear-making at Melton Country Fair on 1st July, by the lovely ladies at Foxy Lots!

If you fancy popping along to a proper Country Show (like those Kirstie Allsop competes at), then do come along. If you're lucky, you might even spot me trying not to prick my fingers with a sharp needle whilst talking about the benefits of wood-wool stuffing for creating characterful faces!

Click HERE for their website and all the details of the variety of events and exhibits. I haven't spotted any details about the competitions for animals yet, but fingers crossed, prettiest sheep will be one!

No comments:

Post a Comment