Welcome

I love creating things. My craft background is in upholstery and needlework and I was a prolific, but average, artist at one stage. Texture and colour have always fascinated me, so it seems natural that these inspirations and skills all combine into creating collector bears in various tone and cloth variations. Each one takes about two days to make as I do not use a sewing machine and every stitch is done by hand.


Friday 30 March 2012

New material - Green Cord Bear

Ever the experimenter, this bear has been made with forest green coloured corduroy with woollen bronze paws. I did try a similar light shade for the nose, but black works best! (As it generally does...)


Bow-tie or ribbon? I think bow-tie...


I quite like working in non-fluffy materials, as you can really see the shape of the bear. This fabric has added lycra, so the stuffing can help to shape the limbs too.




No comments:

Post a Comment